<
HOME  ¦  STORE  ¦  GALLERY  ¦  BLOG  ¦ DESIGN TEAM
It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 11:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:10 pm 

It's no secret that I like to buy lots of elements from collections I like because I think it really helps bring a layout together easily if you have coordinating product. And I also feel it's safe to say I am a kit addict. I have 35+ kits in my stash that are either partially used (still with lots of life left in them before I break them up in my stash) or I haven't even touched them. :shock: So obviously, I need a good way to store my collections and kits.

First, here are my kits. My DH picked up these plastic tote-bag-like containers from The Container Store for me and they immediately became home for my kits. Each kit goes into a 2-gallon Ziploc bag which are the perfect size for 12x12 papers...

The kits I want to focus on using up sit in the bottom of my Ikea Raskog cart right next to my desk...

And then, I do split up the various elements of collections I have based on the type of supply it is. But, I do track what I have for each collection, and where it is stored in my room, by adhering a notecard to the Crop Hopper divider I have for each collection's paper pack. This method works well for me because I almost always pick my papers first and then gather up the rest of my supplies...

And if you want more ways to store kits and collections, check out this blog post which shows several different storage solutions!

I'd love to see or hear how you store your kits and collections!

Visit my scrapping blog!
Visit my family blog!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:02 am 

Last organization post!!

Visit my scrapping blog!
Visit my family blog!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:50 am 

Kits! Kits! Kits! I love coordinating kits, too, and have tons of them. I won't bother showing you how mine are organized because they are all over my scraproom - in Cropper Hoppers, drawers, baskets, and inside the window seat. It doesn't sound like they are very organized, but in reality they are and I know just where to find every thing. They are all sorted out by manufacturer.

SUSAN

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:58 am 

I never leave kits together. the embellishment s go with their same kind and paper goes by manufacture

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:31 pm 

Once I have finished working with the kit, I split everything up! I seem to do better with things when they are housed w/ likes!

MY BLOG: http://www.stephanie-eaken.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:52 pm 

Oh, and I do break up my kits once I feel like I've completed enough projects with them...usually around 6-7 layouts and a couple cards.

Visit my scrapping blog!
Visit my family blog!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:39 am 

daisymeh wrote:
Oh, and I do break up my kits once I feel like I've completed enough projects with them...usually around 6-7 layouts and a couple cards.

That's exactly what I do! I call it "cannibalizing them"! LOL!

I don't have a lot of "kits" but I do have several collections. I keep them together on separate shelves or in baggies on shelves together until there's not much left in them... Then I add them to the rest of my papers... This picture isn't the best, but it shows the P3 on the left (black suitcase type thing that pulls up and locks into place until you want to move it and then squishes down to the size of a large Cropper Hopper bag) and the paper rack on the right. I have a few boxes of themed papers on a shelf in the closet but this is the majority of my papers.

Attachment:
Papers R.jpg
Papers R.jpg [ 239.65 KiB | Viewed 1714 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:43 pm 

It looks like you have a good system going Ginni!

Visit my scrapping blog!
Visit my family blog!