<
HOME  ¦  STORE  ¦  GALLERY  ¦  BLOG  ¦ DESIGN TEAM
It is currently Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:52 am 

Hi Ladies! Marie sent me this a little bit ago and I asked permission to share with you all... Since this is card month and you all, I'm sure, have been making cards, I thought we could send some to Marie to cheer her up. I have her mailing address, so when you have completed a card send me a pm and I will send you back her address AND enter you into a prize drawing for a GC to make the whole card thing a little sweeter! This is open for the whole of October. Also, I can ship a whole bunch at the end of the month if that would be easier, just let me know when you send a pm.

hiya wendy

as you know i haven't been feeling too good for the last while. having had a very successful knee replacement i have had nothing but bad luck.

i had a fall in going into the waiting room for my checkup. it is a very heavy door which opened out. now because i have artificial elbows and i am not allowed pull heavy thing or carry heavy things. so
i was very aware of this and pulled the door ever so gently - then i got my 2 feet in - i then let go and next thing the door swings back into my back and i am thrown across the floor.

then i got patches for my back which released anaesthetic into my back - then i got a allergic rash on my back and legs.

now for the last 5 weeks or so I have an ongoing problem. every couple of days i get this numbness or tingling in my fingers, hand, mouth, nose, down the back of my neck, down my bottom and into my leg. it all only takes about 5 minutes, but it is so scary. i have so many tests done but everything is clear. i am going to a neurologist on 10th 0ctober so hope something shows up.

I am just telling you all this because my g.p. told me today to rest myself and have nothing stressing me out. So I am going to stop scrapping at the moment because i am not enjoying it one bit.

I will be keeping an eye on the forum - i am going now-where.
Marie

Update from Dria on 10/14
She is still in the hospital..stressed.
They have done MRI/brain.. a small shadow that dr thinks is a small bleed which will resolve itself--wants her to think back to if she hit her head when she fell..she doesn't remember she was so focused on protecting her knee and wrist..poor sweet Marie! So dr is running more tests and has involved another dr to onow. and hopes to have answers for her by Thursday..

Update from Dria on 10/19
Update... Maire's dr figured out the numbness etc..is due to the small bleed on the outside of her brain. It should heal and Marie be back to normal.
Prayers..

My Blog: On the Road to Destiny

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:58 am 
Design Team Member

I know Marie from another board from before we both joined here, so it's been a long time, and she has never been anything but the sweetest person ever. It is so sad that she is having so many health problems and not able to enjoy scrapping these days. I will definitely make her a card as soon as possible. Thank you Wendy for arranging this.

Marie - if you are reading this, I hope you start to feel better soon.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:08 am 

I'm so sorry to hear of Marie's latest complications. I hope the neurologist finds something that can be treated and help Marie to feel better!!

God bless you, Marie, and here's to better days!

SUSAN

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:34 pm 

Awww..our sweet Marie..
Like Louise I have known Marie a long time..she is such a trooper and has such a wonderful spirit.
This is terrible. I sure hope all those symptoms go away and she can get back to her vivacious self quickly!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:05 pm 

Thanks so much for sharing this, Wendy.

Ima punch that door in the hinge.

Will Run for Stamps

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:43 pm 
Design Team Member

Here's my card:
I think sunflowers are the most cheerful flower, so I thought it would be appropriate for cheering her up!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:53 pm 

Awww! So sorry to hear that!! We love and miss you Marie - take care of yourself.

Time to make a pretty card!

Visit my scrapping blog!
Visit my family blog!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:23 am 

Oh, I just finished sending Marie a PM to see how she was doing and now I see your post, Wendy. Poor dear. You know it's got to be bad when you give up scrapping. I think the card idea is BRILLIANT! She was so sweet to send me a wonderful RAK a couple of months ago ... and I kept her address. I'll just send her a card ... or two ... from this end. :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:29 am 

I've made my card and have it addressed and ready to take to the post office. I thought I'd post it here after Marie has received it. I don't want her to get any sneak peaks!

SUSAN

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:48 am 

I am just seeing this! I also have known Marie for awhile now. I am so sorry to hear all that she is going through. I wish she lived closer! I will definitely make her a card and get it in the mail.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:00 am 

I am so sorry to hear this sad news! I will definitely make her a card & will keep her in my thoughts & prayers!!
How terrible!
Thanks for sharing w/ us Wendy.

MY BLOG: http://www.stephanie-eaken.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:23 pm 

Thank you Louise for the link up here! Marie! Sending you hugs and healing vibes.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:41 pm 

updated info...

My Blog: On the Road to Destiny

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:55 pm 

Thanks for the updates!

Visit my scrapping blog!
Visit my family blog!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:39 am 

Marie has been on my mind a lot this past week. So good to get the updates ... so, thank you for that. It's good to hear that they've figured out what is wrong and she's on her way to a full recovery. But, 'a small bleed' just doesn't sound good ... anywhere near the brain ... and I'm sure she must be terrified and relieved at the same time.

I'll keep sending prayers her way ... hoping she's up an at 'em again real soon.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:28 am 

Wendy and Dria - thanks for the updates. I hope Marie gets better and can go back home soon. Here's the card I made for her. She's probably gotten it by now.

SUSAN

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:13 pm 

That is a sweet card, Susan!

Finally got mine mailed today.

Will Run for Stamps

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:10 am 

colette: thank you for your lovely card. it is so pretty. and the envelope was beautiful. i am sure the postman had not seen one like that before. :lol: :lol:

Susan: thank you for yours too. Such pretty colors. and i think you colored it yourself. :D

so i got home on friday night. i am still not over the shock. i knew in my own heart and soul something was wrong. the doctor said i was to go home and be normal as ever. it will all heal itself. i have to get another scan this week. i hate these. always afraid something else will show up.

thank you all MS ladies for your prayers and please continue to pray. i think i must need them. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i must be a very bad girl.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:34 am 

Marie - I'm so glad to hear that you are home. Trust your doctor and return to your usual life. You deserve some rest, relaxation, and a little fun!

SUSAN

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:47 pm 

WooHoo! Doing the happy dance over here! SO GLAD to hear from you Marie! It's got to be good to be back home, huh? Susan has given you the BEST advice, hon. Trust your doctor. I'm sure they only want another MRI to make sure everything is healing as it should. I'm sure it's worrisome .. but, you've GOT to have positive thoughts! Okay?

Did you remember bumping your head when you fell?

It's awesome that the doctor told you to be as normal as ever! That means you can scrap a little then, right? Honey, you've got stories to tell. Get this whole 'adventure' scrapped!

So glad you're back! :D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:03 pm 

So glad to hear you are home Marie!

Visit my scrapping blog!
Visit my family blog!