<
HOME  ¦  STORE  ¦  GALLERY  ¦  BLOG  ¦ DESIGN TEAM
It is currently Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Grandmom's Apple Pie
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:00 am 

As Marie requested, here's the recipe that I talked about in another topic. This apple pie recipe has been handed down from my Grandmother to my Mother (who used to have people sit in her kitchen and help her peel and core and slice the apples so they could take some home themselves), to me and then down to my Daughter who is teaching it to her sons...

Basically it's VERY simple. Use a flavorful apple that has a bit of a sharp taste to it. Get enough to fill your pie plate.

Make your crust to fit your pie plate. You do NOT have to cook the crust first unless you're going to freeze them... Oh and you'll need a top AND bottom crust for this one.

Meanwhile, peel, core and slice enough apples to fill your pie. Once you're done with the apples, if they've turned too brown you can sprinkle it with lemon juice but not too much!

Once your apples are done, mix flour, sugar and lots and lots and lots of cinnamon in another bowl. Put the apples and flour mixture together and stir it well. Taste the apples with the flour mixture on it and when you're satisfied, put it into your plate. Top the whole thing with big pats of butter on top, put the top crust on, cut a few holes in it to ""breathe" and throw it into the oven for at least an hour. You might also want to put a cookie cutter or something on the shelf under your pie so your crust cooks properly. It can get quite messy when they overflow!!! LOL!

You'll know it's done when you poke a fork into an apple piece and it's soft.

Be careful! These are addictive!!! LOL!

Post subject: Re: Grandmom's Apple Pie
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:03 am 

This is my most famous Chocolate Chip Cookies... I give them out a lot as gifts for Christmas mostly and have done this since the early 1970s.

GINNI’S CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

2/3 cup butter 2/3 cup shortening 1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar packed 2 eggs 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon salt
2 packages (12 oz each) semi-sweet* chocolate chips ½ cup chopped nuts (if desired)

Mix shortening, sugars, eggs and vanilla together until creamy. Mix dry ingredients together. Add to shortening mixture. Stir until well mixed. Add chocolate chips and nuts (if desired). Drop spoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes or until done.

Makes about 2 dozen cookies.

This recipe is based on a Betty Crocker recipe. I ALWAYS use Crisco shortening and REAL butter and vanilla extract. The flavor is just soooo much better that way!

* For an added flavor twist, try plain or mint M&Ms, mint chocolate chips or butterscotch chocolate chips!

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 3:08 am 

Thank you so much.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 12:03 am 

You're quite welcome Marie! Enjoy! I know my Mom and Grandmom would be MORE than happy to have shared it with you too! :)