<
HOME  ¦  STORE  ¦  GALLERY  ¦  BLOG  ¦ DESIGN TEAM
It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 11:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:01 pm 

We all have them. All over our scrap spaces. I'm talking about small embellishments! So today, I am sharing with you several methods I use for organizing small embellishments.

First are my small bead organizers. This is where I keep all my brads. Yep. I have five organizers worth of brads. I could condense if need be, but if I have the space and storage, I figured I might as well use it to organize to the best of my ability. My brads are sorted by size, shape, color, theme. Whatever seems to work best.

And here is a peek into one of those organizers - the one that holds all my mini-brads.

Then I have these other bead/craft organizers that are a bit larger and have adjustable section partitions, which I love. These organizers house everything you can think of in terms of small embellishments...wood veneers, metal frames, paper clips, straight pins, epoxy stickers, badges/flair, sequins, photo corners, etc. I actually keep one of these organizers completely empty and I use it to coral small embellishments if needed for a particular project or a crop or something. So for the past couple of months, my empty organizer was filled with "December Daily" type small embellishments.

And here's a peek into one of those organizers - my favorite and the one that puts a huge smile on my face. :D

Now this organizer I got back in the day when I was a Close To My Heart consultant. Here's where my eyelets and several other types of metal embellishments live.

Ahhhh...buttons. I love buttons. And like my flowers, I like them to serve dual-purpose in my scrap space as decor. So here they are, displayed in jelly jars.

Finally, I have two sets of these hardware drawers. One is for storing leftover alphas. The other is for those small embellishments that really don't fit into any of my other systems.

So there you have it. My ways of storing small embellishments. Need more ideas for storing small embellishments? Check out this awesome article from Scrapbooks Etc that shares 20+ storage ideas for small embellishments!

I'd love to see or hear how you store your small embellishments!

And if you are looking for a way to use up one particular small embellishment, then check out today's challenge!

Visit my scrapping blog!
Visit my family blog!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:10 am 

So many ways to organize those small embellishments!

Visit my scrapping blog!
Visit my family blog!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:20 am 

I am wiping the drool off of my chin right now! Your wood veneer organizer made my heart skip a few beats! LOVE it!!!!

MY BLOG: http://www.stephanie-eaken.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:50 am 

I wish I could say that all my embellishments fit in one ginormous organizational system, but it ain't so. There's just no way! Consequently, they are in a variety of places, organized in a variety of ways. But the important thing is I know how to find what I want. Here's where some of my embellishments reside:

Tiny magnetic boxes - LOVE these! The Container Store used to carry these but then the manufacturer discontinued them. I called them to see if I could buy some directly from their stock and they send me 50 for free because they were trying to get rid of them!!

Spice jars from a yard sale and above those tiny jam jars from a Hilton hotel in South Carolina. I was so desperate for as many as I could gather up that after breakfast I'd take them off tables that people had just left. Then I got the waiters to save them for me! :shock: Scrapbookers will do anything, right?

Even more embellishments in these cool tins by Quik Cuts which they discontinued. They were designed to hold their dies. I found the cabinets at Big Lots for a ridiculously low price. And the tins I painstakingly won in several bids on ebay.

And finally, I have a drawer full of plastic divided boxes similar to Megan's except each compartment has it's own lid. They're from the bead department of Michael's.

SUSAN

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:16 am 
Design Team Member

I have just a few of those jewelry bins, one for brads, one for buttons, and one for some other things. I have a few items in their original containers, some on my little shelf thing and some in a drawer.

I actually think I may have much less stuff than many of you. But maybe I just store it less organized.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:23 pm 

I have a drawer in a large Iris cart that has a 2 gallon bag FULL of bling plus underneath that bag are the cards with the beautiful enamel brads that are so popular right now. I also have another smaller drawer with miscellaneous stuff in it. Plus I have a VERY full Scrap Rack full of embellies... And I have TWO of the CTMH jar containers full of brads and eyelets... And several other containers of various kinds scattered around the room full of other embellies, buttons, etc., etc. No good pics of any of it though...